Kitty Catmas 2020 Information Coming Soon!
Due to the coronavirus-19 (COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2) pandemic, Kitty Christmas will probably look different this year since FFRC can't have a large gathering of volunteers to help open our Christmas boxes. FFRC is actively working on a plan so stay tuned!
Corrected the coronavirus typo above, so very sorry for that. Your best bet is to tune into the FFRC YouTube channel for info on Kitty Christmas because nobody has told me anything yet. 10/3/20 ~Gossamer
Our goal this year will remain the same: Stock up FFRC for the coming year. This year FFRC needs ALL things ...that means Food, Treats, Litter, Cleaning Supplies, etc. Food items, in particular, are HIGHLY Needed! Let's stock up their shelves again and make Bill get a bigger truck!
"At Christmas time, I know people enjoy giving gifts. But for myself, while I appreciate gifts, the Rescue Center needs them more than I do. I hope you understand--the kitties will appreciate this!" --Jacci
What does FFRC need in a year to operate?
- 20,000 Cans of Cat Food - That's right! Twenty THOUSAND cans of food!
- A Ton of Dry Cat Food - Purina One, Iams, ProPlan, Eukanuba are good brands.
- 1200 Jars of Meat Only Baby Food - Derecho Sez "I don't eat them all!"
- 1000 Packets of Treats - Center Kitties, Covies, Porchies, and Barnies all love treats!
- 10,000 Pounds of Cat Litter - Oh My! That's a lot of Scooping!
- Lots of Cleaning Supplies - Chlorox Wipes/Bleach/White Vinegar/Mr. Clean/Mr. Clean Erasers/Dawn Soap/HE Liquid Laundry Soap/Bounce Dryer Sheets/Bath Towels
- Paper and Trash Products - Paper Plates/Toilet Paper/Paper Towels/13 gal. Garbage Bags/30-33 gal. Garbage Bags/Grocery Bags without Holes
- Kitten Season Needs - KMR - Liquid, Kitten Food - Royal Babycat/FancyFeast Kitten/Purina One Kitten, Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes (Please make sure that they DO Not have Alcohol - Vitamin E and Aloe are ok)
- Kitty Happiness and Adoptions - Toys, beds
- Volunteer Happiness - Treats for volunteers! Packages of snacks or other small fun items for the volunteers can either be included or sent directly to FFRC.
- Gift Cards - Can't decide what to send? Gift cards are nice and Jacci can use them when supplies run low. She prefers gift cards to:
- Pet Supply Plus
- Pet Smart
- Shell Gas
2013: Approx 250 boxes!
2014: 440 boxes!
2015: 601+ boxes!
2016: 480 boxes!
Over 10,000 pounds of box weight
2017: 618 boxes!
2018: Over 1000 boxes! Wow!
2019: 886 boxes. Excellent! But next year we need to aim for 1000 again!