Jacci

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

Donut

Jacci

Post by Donut » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:29 am

i was looking at some vids from 2011 - i could be wrong and i may be projecting how i feel myself onto others..but i get the feeling jacci is more perky and looks more healthy than now.
please check it out for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg9k8QyGAv4

compared to turkey time yesterday? is it because its late or the time of year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv5fQM1o2RE

i'm concerned that she is wasting away!....is she okay.she just seems more tired, more often now..
i know she doesn't like being fussed over and i don't wish to embarrass her but is there any way to help her recharge her batteries....whats that saying about a jug of water for the one who is thirsty?
would she like a spa weekend or something - could it be arranged that ffrc is put in the hands of the volunteers?
or if she doesn't feel comfortable leaving ffrc, maybe a massage parlour and foot spa IN the rescue centre..i know it sounds mad..but if the carers need care how are the cared for going to get care?

Gossamer

Re: Jacci

Post by Gossamer » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:54 pm

I think yesterday was hard with the 5 leaving including Raza who had been there a long time. I think Jacci is doing fine.
Linda (I'm also FFRCAdmin) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.

Donut

Re: Jacci

Post by Donut » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks Linda..i feel a bit better now...
I'm probably waffling a bit but i wonder if it is hard because really she must see all these cats leave without always knowing what has happened to them in the years since they've left..it reminds me of the buddhist monks who spend ages making an elaborate rice mosaic only to destroy it at the end..i guess the idea is that the fulfillment is in the process itself.
even so, it must take a certain kind of mindset to keep going with it sometimes....in a lot of ways there is nothing "produced" at the end...and the hardship of bonding with the cat and then having it leave must build up over time. sure the cat has another chance at life, but she must see alot of cats come through and not hear much about them afterwards
i wonder if she left for an indefinite period and knew she didn't HAVE to have so much on her shoulders and saw that it was okay when she dropped everything for a while...i wonder if that would help re-ignite the fire . because sometimes we need help remembering why we started something in the first place; that WANT to instead of HAVE to?
..imagine if there was a way for her to meet all the kitties that she's helped save and for them to tell her their story since they left...that reminds me of the film 'its a wonderful life'...the difference between if there was no jacci and there is a jacci :) .anyway i see theres a suggestion for a cat follow-up thread on here...which might be nice for her.
thanks for listening.