Computer help topic

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

chiefted

Computer help topic

Post by chiefted » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:30 pm

I know there is a Computer help with some surprises group on Facebook.

Wondering if something like that could be created here as a thread/topic. Thinking it might be somewhat easier
to follow the issues and help folks if there was that topic here.

Just my two cents suggestion

Chiefted

dewittycdw1

Re: Computer help topic

Post by dewittycdw1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:44 pm

I like that Chiefted. Is the Help area under the forum topic just for help doing things in the forum? like how to insert an avatar/profile pic etc? If so, then I agree, a thread where we can post general computer problems or questions, then people can refer to the answers, and search a question they may have, instead of trying to scroll down the FB computer help group looking for a topic. The search function is really nice top find related questions or topics on any thread! dew
Every Cat Matters <3

Maiden Heaven

Post by Maiden Heaven » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:15 pm

I agree with both of you. For the moment we have been using the Help section for that, but I have been thinking that we could use a subforum under Help for Computer Assistance or in its own separate forum. I personally have always preferred a normal forum to the set up on facebook. We can bring over the docs that are already created as Topics. I do love too that it is about members helping members. Each of us have such a varying degree of knowledge & combined it is amazing. :geek:
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around..~It's My Secret~
"Until mankind can extend the circle of his compassion to include all living things, he will never, himself, know peace." - by Albert Schweitzer

dewittycdw1

Post by dewittycdw1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Yes Maiden, FB loses posts after a while, and If I could search by topic, to find something that will help with a puter problem, that would be great!
Every Cat Matters <3