Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

purple_cat

Mowgli

Post by purple_cat » Sun May 19, 2019 2:35 pm

Jo Ann Cochran
5 hrs
Mowgli’s Letter to Jacci 5-19-19

Dear Momma Jacci,

I arrived here shortly after you gave me the greatest gift a momma or daddy can give their fur baby…that final and greatest gift of love…my release from pain and suffering.

It is so beautiful here at the Rainbow Bridge! I am strong and healthy and my fur is all grown out and the envy of ohhhhh so many kitties here! NOBODY up here has fur the color of cinnamon!

And I have a tongue! I am sure there are many fur babies here think I am insulting them by sticking my tongue out, but actually I am catching up on all those times I couldn’t do that down on earth.

And my new tongue is the reason my fur is so luxurious. I can groom myself! I don’t drool anymore and my fur isn’t wet anymore.

And you adopted me so I would have my very own furever home. It happened just like Mr. Phil said it would, that I one day would get my very own momma and my very own furever home.

And when the cancer had taken my tongue and you had Dr. Darcy put that tube into my stomach, you fed me. And every time, you would play wonderful music just for me.

And when that tube came out again, you kept your promise to me…..you promised “no more”. No more frustration for me, no more empty stomach….no more anything except love and hugs.

But, I miss you, Momma. I miss your lips on my head. I miss how you would lean down to me and envelope me with your arms and tell me how much you loved me and sometimes drop those big round wet things on my face.

But, I am told one day you will come to the Rainbow Bridge. Won’t be for a long time, Farrah says, but then a ‘long time’ up here doesn’t mean anything. Time is suspended here. There is no concept of yesterday or tomorrow. It’s always just ‘now’.

So while I run through the grass and chase the Paddy boys and nap with all the kitties that came here before me, I know I will look up and suddenly you will be walking towards us.

And as happy as I was in your arms down there, that won’t begin to compare to the happiness being in your arms up here.

But for now, I will be here doing whatever cats love to do. And you will be there, with your memories of yesterdays and your hopes for tomorrow and the wonderful skills you have every day.

Thank you, Momma Jacci, for allowing me and countless other kitties to be the kitties we were meant to be. I love you!
mowgli 2.jpg
mowgli 1.jpg
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always. Don't forget to visit our main web site: http://www.fofrescue.org/

callies dad

Re: Mowgli

Post by callies dad » Sun May 19, 2019 3:16 pm

beautifully said, beyond tears :bheart: