Generator Fundraiser ends at Noon Nov/29/2013

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

Maiden Heaven

Generator Fundraiser ends at Noon Nov/29/2013

Post by Maiden Heaven » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Via Jacci: "Okay, we're going to do it. We're going to purchase a generator for the Rescue Center. We've been 4 times just this fall without electricity. We have a major donor to help this be possible, but we still will be short of funds. The total is $8,000. So, we are going to have a Generator Fundraiser Raffle."

"It starts now! It's simple. For each $5.00 donation, your name will go in a basket. If you donate $10, your name will go in twice! On Friday, 11/29 at 5:30pm (Black Friday) we will draw names. We have lots of give-aways for the raffle! Here's the prizes: 6 leggydews , 5 First Aid Kits, 4 Catnip pads, 3 beautiful wreaths, 2 awesome afghans and 1 FFRC deck of cat cards. (Yes, you can sing it to the 12 days of Christmas, but starting at 6!!) So we will have 21 items to give away. Feel free to send your Generator Fund donations now! It ends on 11/29 at noon so we have time to prepare for the Big Drawing at 5:30 on 11/29."

Updated list:
For anyone that has donated, your name will be put in the box for each $5 donation! Then we'll start drawing names! Here's what we're giving away:

10--ribbon car magnets
9--FFRC travel mugs
8--Putter Pouches
7--Catstock CD's (from Mike!)
6--Large Leggy Dews
5--Pet First Aid Kits
4--Cat Nip Pads
3--Beautiful Wreaths
2--Awesome Afghans
1--Deck of FFRC Playing Cards

<3 To add to this, there is a really cool surprise that will happen at the end of the name-drawing for a final super winner! <3 (the 2 Awesome Afghans will go first followed by the 3 Beautiful Wreaths, then we start at #10.

"This generator is big, strong, tough and durable! It's big enough to meet our big need. It's a Generac 6244 and is a 20,000 watt generator. It comes with a 5 year warranty. Included in this $8,000 are a 200 amp Smart Switch, an external outlet and fuel line, the electrician's bill to do his work and the propane company to run it to the existing propane tank, the pad it will sit on, a car-size battery. and anything else that is needed to make it ready."

"I will keep you all posted as to how our progress is doing on this fundraiser. I am so grateful for the support of this endeavor."

You can pay via PayPal, Check or Money Order. Please include a note saying Generator Fund to ensure that your name is put into the raffle. You can find the PayPal button directly below the ustream cam or by going to http://www.fofrescue.org/ways-to-help/
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around..~It's My Secret~
"Until mankind can extend the circle of his compassion to include all living things, he will never, himself, know peace." - by Albert Schweitzer

Maiden Heaven

Re: Generator Fundraiser ends at Noon Nov/29/2013

Post by Maiden Heaven » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:49 pm

UPDATE: As of 2 pm Thursday, Nov. 21st = 4,980.00 has been raised for the Generator Fund. <3 :thumbup: :cat8: :tgrin:

Please be advised that if there is extra money raised Jacci would like to use the money to fill their 500 gallon propane tank.
"Until mankind can extend the circle of his compassion to include all living things, he will never, himself, know peace." - by Albert Schweitzer

FaithyMD

Post by FaithyMD » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Maiden - she has also added additional prizes - I know there will likely be surprises at the moment - but can an Updated post be done with all so far added?
Faith is Seeing Light with your Heart when All your Eyes can See is Darkness
I have 3 furkids - Sarah, tabby, called mousk; Sly, tailless tuxie, called porkchop; and Kermit the Kat, a tuxie, called Pig

Maiden Heaven

Post by Maiden Heaven » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:43 pm

We are making great strides in the Generator Fundraiser for which I am deeply grateful. We already listed the first day results (11/19--$445).

So here are the last two days:
11/20--($2,840)--Pat L, PinkyBear, Rochele C, Dawn E (vol.), Dawn H, Marlane J, Sevren, Kerswill, Kate E, CJ M, Msnice, Newfiedogmom, RaceCat, Rhonda S, CacheMaine, Joni R, Karen C, BearMN, kiwinanz, Joanne P, Karen M, Betsy P, Dixie D, Mizboots, SiSue, Toytown, Larissa B, Erin F, Jo Ann C, Tom/Laurin H, Theodore E, KB_ld, Northpole, Cheryl L, Patricia K, Faith M, Colleen P, Pam T, Tami L, CatHouze, Furkitty, Andrea W, Holly Ann
11/21--($1695)--Mudjie, Dewitty, Barb W, WarpedinMN, Jane L, Dianne E, Scotty_Oz, Nancepants, jakesmeowmy, Gossamer, Timothy M, nyc-coco, Jaquelin M, Jay H, Gillian H, Kelley F, Eartheyes, Gerricross, Sabine S, luv4vcsyd, Stephanie J, EclectraPA/Connor, Tommy & Alistair, Lynnszs, Lorraine L,widdletigger, Justme, Amy B, Sandra E, Pat D, PSW, Hencass, Sanjd, Marilyn B, Connie S & Hannah S, Nicole B, TokTuB, Jill D, Lewbeth, Wyoeaglefan, Marilyn S, Patricia S, Grammie57, Lucy P, Gusti, Jim & Debbi B

Total so far is $4,980 --this is amazing, simply amazing and I'm very grateful. If we end up with extra $$, we will then have the 500 gallon propane tank filled for the Rescue Center (afterall, we have to have propane to run this generator!) and will purchase the extended warranty. <3 :cat2: <3

We have 2 extra wonderful donors and that would be Arden & Charmaine and Deb11111. I so appreciate you all.

Maiden Heaven

Post by Maiden Heaven » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:53 pm

Generator Fund update on Fri, Nov. 22 = Total 6,340

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR AGAIN BEING SO VERY GENEROUS ~!~ :oops: :geek: :cat9:

Thank you to everyone in the FFRC Nation, becasue whether you give financially or give emotional support, it is because of that support, empathy & kindness to each other that enables us to help when needed. :thankyou: :tgrin:

Gossamer

Post by Gossamer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:46 am

From the Blog:
The Generator/Jenna Radar Fundraiser is now over! Oh my goodness--the result of this is simply mind-boggling to me. The support shown overwhelms me and gives me much pleasure and gratitude. This fundraiser was such a success because of YOU.....our friends of FFRC. I am so grateful.

We also had special entertainment by Jimmy, who was given a challenge! Show his tu-tu again, a couple of his famous ballerina poses and sing 12/10 Days of Christmas! And he did it! He raised $265 for being such a good sport. Thanks Jimmy and thanks to the supporters!

Now for the finale! We were hurriedly adding last minute donations to the very end! The add-on donations for 11/28 and 11/29 was $3150. This brought our TOTAL TO: $14,745!!!! Yippee, hooray, I'm so thankful!!

We will pay for the generator in full, pay for the two propane tank's top-offs and for the extended warranty. Many of the donors had put if we went over our need, then to apply excess on to our medical needs. So, this is what we will do. Every day we give meds, whether it be wormers, vaccinations, antibiotics, healing creams, meds for tummy troubles--the list goes on and on. This excess amount will help us with these everyday items!
Linda (I'm also FFRCAdmin) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.