October 2016 Funraiser

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

purple_cat

October 2016 Funraiser

Post by purple_cat » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:17 pm

We all have that moment, that moment when we fully realize we are part of something special. That moment when we looked thru the screen and no longer just saw a group of cats running, playing and just being cats but instead saw a magical place where the world became a little smaller, a little kinder and so more beautiful.
For me it was in the middle of the night, the lights were dimmed, cats were sleeping and that big wheel was spinning, round and round. There was no cat on it, but a cat in front of it. He had one front paw, and one one ‘wing’ of a paw. He was born that way, with that little wing. And there he was, spinning that wheel, over and over. He was ‘special’. Born with a deformed paw, and internal organs, not quite right. There he was, just being a cat. Being allowed to be himself, surrounded by other cats in a peaceful, safe place and there he was just spinning that wheel.
And months later when he would take his journey to that bridge of hope, of eternal peace, I wept and I smiled, for my dear Scampi had found this magical place where love touched his soul and healed mine.
That is FFRC. That is what we all have come to know as the place where love, compassion and respect rules.
And this is the reality of that special place. For all the love, all the compassion and all the respect we see, we feel, we experience it takes so much to make this special place run. It takes all of us, with our prayers with our encouragement and with whatever we can do to help to make this special place continue.

So let’s have a Fun-raiser! Let’s help FFRC with the bills that are spirally and skyrocketing. Let’s help with the General Fund. This Fun-Raiser Starts Saturday October 15th and runs to Wednesday, October 19th at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday night during boxes starting around 5:30 p.m. we’ll have the drawings!
And everyone that buys 10 tickets or more ($50 or more), will have their funds matched by a special, anonymous angel.
You can buy as many tickets for as many items as you want! Suggested donation is $5.00.
Pay by paypal, or check. In the instructions line for paypal, be sure to put the Letter of the item (s) you want. There are 10 items, lettered A thru J. You can buy as many tickets you want, for as many items you want. It’s all to help a very worthy cause. Let’s say you want to donate $25 to buy 3 tickets for Letter A and two tickets for Letter C, just state on the instructions just that.
Below this post will be a picture of each item with a brief description. Just scroll thru the pics to see each one.
And finally, if you can’t buy any tickets, please don’t feel bad. Your support of FFRC comes in so many ways. So many ways to do good and see good. Thank those who donated or made these wonderful items. Thank those who buy the tickets. Go in chat and say a simple thank you to all. Don’t complain about the ads on ustream. Do what you can and be thankful for this special place that has touched us all, in so many ways.

Item A--Pet Shop Diesel Remote control Train Track System, designed after Pet Shoppe! Donated by Ronald C.
october funraiser A.jpg
Item B--Afghan, "Jacobs Ladder" 56 x 70 made by Rosemary from S.A.
october funraiser B.jpg
Item C---Peace Pole 20 inches high. Called "Painted Peace" donated by Anonymous Friend
october funraiser C.jpg
Item D--TWO Kindle Fires, 1 orange, 1 purple. TWO DRAWINGS. 7 inch WIFI, 16 gb. Donated by Dave, Christine, Anya, Miyu & Yuki
october funraiser D.jpg
Item E--3 piece Art Set, made by Larissa Feather Painting, Country Kitties Square Box with Derecho's picture on it, a trinketbox and a cat canvas picture with magnets.
october funraiser E.jpg
Item F--Spider Table Toppers--FOUR DRAWINGS. 30 to 35 inches. Made by Warped
october funraiser F.jpg
Item G--Afghan, "Summer Fun" 48 x 62 made by Rosemary from S.A.
october funraiser G.jpg
Item H--Warpedeedoo Fleece Blanklet 57 x 70 2 thicknesses Made by Warped
october funraiser H.jpg
Item I--iPhone 6 silver, 16 gb donated by anonymous friend
october funraiser I.jpg
Item J Made by Angie L, volunteer. Donated by Ferole. 6 jars corn salsa and 6 jars various jams
october funraiser J.jpg
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always. Don't forget to visit our main web site: http://www.fofrescue.org/