Problems with new template

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

Timiz0r

Problems with new template

Post by Timiz0r » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:31 am

The new template looks great, but there are a couple bugs that have caught my eye. I'm sure they would be fixed even without my help, but I've got a lot of time on my hands, at the moment. I figured I would help just in case :D
Also, I don't quite know who to PM about this, so I guess I'm making a post D:

The problems, of which there are probably a few I haven't noticed, are centered on the website's ffrcwinternation14 template interfering with the forum's theme. The solutions I have are essentially to take out the broken parts, but this probably will affect the non-forum parts. Since we mostly use the forum here, I think this will be fine, for now at least.

Soooo, the first problem is with regards to the main forum page. As you can see, it seems to have gained weight, probably from eating too much Christmas dinner D:. This is more of a matter of taste and could be left untouched. The problematic style starts on line 54 of template.css. The line-height style could probably be removed from there. The font-size is also a bit large for my tastes and should be removed, but it could be tweaked, as well.

The other problem can be observed by looking at the top bar of the forum. You'll see a few snowflakes, especially over the forum's icons up there. However, this bug is more than cosmetic and unfortunately effects site usability.

These buttons are currently unusable due to this bug. They concern editing a post, deleting it, reporting it, as well as the various tasks concerning user profiles. If you try to click them, they will do nothing. In fact, these buttons are how they look when they're in their depressed state.

The offending style is found on line 2010. The bug can be fixed by removing the content portion. However, since the style becomes fairly useless without it, I would just remove the entire style. Doing either of these will fix the buttons, as well as remove the random snowflakes across the forum.

Edit:

Just came back across Sev's forum comment, so I know where to email now :D
Snappy + Whisk > All :DDDD

Gossamer

Re: Problems with new template

Post by Gossamer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks Tim, I'll work on these today.
Linda (I'm also FFRCAdmin) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.

Gossamer

Re: Problems with new template

Post by Gossamer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Think i have these fixed. the random snowflake was the list bullet. However since those mess up the forum, I did delete that style. Will add back a class so I can use them. ;-)
Linda (I'm also FFRCAdmin) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.