September 25, 2014

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

widdletigger

September 25, 2014

Post by widdletigger » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Do you follow world news or just local? maybe only FFRC news? :cat6:
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Locket33

Re: September 25, 2014

Post by Locket33 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:25 pm

I am an avid watcher of world events. I am what is known as a "Political Junkie." To me, it is a moral duty to be aware of what is going on in the world, so you can make intelligent decisions in voting, consumerism, and just life in general.

lannml

Post by lannml » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:09 am

I'll admit it, I'm a news junkie and I've been that way for all of my adult life. It fits well with my academic background in social studies, more specifically economics.

I attribute the interest to a social studies class that I had in high school where we studied current events where we read a variety of newspapers that carried state, national, and international news. In addition to print media, I found a wide range of programming on our public television state that I started watching in high school and still do today.

Cable television news opened a whole new avenue for keeping up on events around the world. Today, current technologies have made it easy for me to have a customized feed of news that I can access anytime on my iPad. I still enjoy reading the news and do so with a number of digital subscriptions. I watch a few news program on public television and enjoy watching the foreign media broadcasts from England, Germany, and Asia.

dewittycdw1

Post by dewittycdw1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Well, I have to admit, the World News is usually at 6:30 FFRC time, so I usually watch FFRC if there are boxes, and tape the Nightly Evening News and watch after boxes. Local news, starts for me on one channel at 5:00 FFRC time, so I usually watch that. And if awake, watch the morning Today show. But I stay away from CNBC, 24 hour CNN news etc., don't need that much detail on the bad things in this world, I have the capabilities of watching 8 news channels at once, hmm, NOT gonna do that, :)
Every Cat Matters <3