August 24, 2014

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

widdletigger

August 24, 2014

Post by widdletigger » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:52 am

Is your litter box covered or uncovered? Is it "home made" like some at FFRC or store bought?
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Locket33

Re: August 24, 2014

Post by Locket33 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Tried a covered box, but Tigger sneered at it and wouldn't use it. I gave it to a neighbor finally.
Tried a homemade one that was a storage bin converted into a litter box. Not only did Tigger sneer at that, he did his business outside the box as a sign of protest. Only time in his 14 years he ever did such a thing.
Now he has a plain old Walmart big plastic litter box, and we are sticking with that

lannml

Re: August 24, 2014

Post by lannml » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:20 pm

We've had a variety of liter box setups with the different kitties in our house. Our current 2 girls prefer to have the liter box open rather than covered.

We purchased another liter box when we adopted these two and opted for a large box that has higher sides and it did come with a cover, but we are not using it.

I'm hoping to get creative or find a pattern for an enclosure that would have slats and plenty of head room to help contain the liter that they manage to kick out or track out of the box. Their main floor boxes are in my home office and it is not visually pleasing to walk in and see their boxes.