Faith and Amy

Poems, Writings and any other creative things you want to share!

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

joco51

Faith and Amy

Post by joco51 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:02 pm

3-25-14
Camvie: “You know how much I love doggies?”
Faith: “A lot?”
Camvie: “I like doggies more than I like kitties, that’s how much!”
Faith: “Well, I am honored, then. Thank you!”
Camvie: “I heard something about you walking the mostest of any dog? Is that true?”
Faith: “Well, my mommie here, Amy, is walking across the country and back.”
Camvie: “Doesn’t she have a car and a carrier thingie for you??”
Faith: “Yes, but she is trying to make people think about doggies more. And doggies that are older and alone.”
Camvie: “You mean doggies are in the same trouble as cats are? They don’t have homes if they are older?”
Faith: “’Fraid so. Lots of us older doggies are ignored. People think our good years are done and go look at the puppies instead. It makes us feel sad and rejected.”
Camvie: “Well, I think that stinks!”
Faith: “Well, my mommy is out to change people’s minds about us older pets. We have a lot to give yet. We just need a chance to show people just how much love we have left.”
Camvie: “I can feel how much you have left. You are overflowing with love and kindness and caring. I wish you well on your journey.”
Faith: “And I wish you a forever home very, very soon. You are a very special kitty, you know.”
Camvie: “Thank you. Take care, sweet Faith! And take care of that special mommy, too!”
Faith: “I will. Amy is one very special mommy to a lot of people. Thank you for letting us come here!”
Camvie: “You come again anytime!”

Clockwise: Camvie, Angie, Jacci, Amy and Faith. Amy and Faith are walking cross country and back to raise awareness about older dogs and adoption. They are staying w/ Bill and Angie for a couple of days and eagerly agreed to appear before the cam this night, 3-25-14.
Their website with the complete story and blog is:
http://www.hikingwithfaith.com/
Attachments
Camvie, Faith, Amy 3-25-14.png