How to figure out when chat is down

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

Timiz0r

How to figure out when chat is down

Post by Timiz0r » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Normally when there's a problem with the stream (such as slideshow or blue rings) you ask the chat if anyone else is having the same problem. If chat's not working for you, then how do you ask anyone? (FB chatters I assume, but I dont use it :>)

Luckily, http://ustream-helpers.com/status shows the status of Ustreams chat and streaming servers! It's not terribly specific because it only shows whether or not they are up, but it's definitely a good way to see if the problems are on Ustreams end :D

chat1.ustream.tv and c.ustream.tv are the two main places you connect through. If they're down, it's a good indicator of Ustream chat problems.

For the sjc-prefixed ones, they can go down without any issues for anyone, but lots of them going up and down may be an indication of a problem. At the same time, they can all be up and chat still not work correctly, so there's that :DDDD

I don't believe the non-sjc-prefixed ones even work anymore.
Snappy + Whisk > All :DDDD

widdletigger

Re: How to figure out when chat is down

Post by widdletigger » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks Tim! Good info :) :thankyou: :cat8:
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

FaithyMD

Re: How to figure out when chat is down

Post by FaithyMD » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:14 pm

TY Tim - that info is a keeper - appreciate it
Faith is Seeing Light with your Heart when All your Eyes can See is Darkness
I have 3 furkids - Sarah, tabby, called mousk; Sly, tailless tuxie, called porkchop; and Kermit the Kat, a tuxie, called Pig