Mah intro

A great way to work on your first 3 posts that are moderated! Stop in and say hello!

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

Timiz0r

Mah intro

Post by Timiz0r » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:07 am

Soooo I'm Tim, currently living in warm-as-ever Orlando, Florida, US (I prefer colder weather :<) as a full-time student. Cognitively, I'm kinda shy by nature, but I definitely want to be a part of the FFRC Nation. I'm in the process of "unlurking", and it's been a pleasure reading up on everything in the forums :D

The very first time I tuned into the cam was a couple hours or so after Catsparella had her kitties back in April. I was looking for a temporary cam while I waited for Foster Dad John's kitten cam to come back up, but nowadays I find myself only watching FFRC. I have really enjoyed being able to see such a wide variety of cats, as well as all of the volunteers.

I used to spend my free time programming and gaming, but these days I spend most of my time doing FFRC-related things. I even have a 2nd monitor almost exclusively reserved for the cam (and now chat):
I'm certainly not at my computers all the time, but I average maybe 10 hours of viewing per day.

Unfortunately, I'm another petless viewer D:. I've never had a cat, and I can't adopt one quite yet because I'm a poor, full-time student, and on-campus housing doesn't allow pets anyway :<. If the next 2-4 weeks play out a certain way, I should be able to come on over and maybe some kitties around August (aka an eternity). I'm hoping Snappy and Whisk somehow manage to go unadopted, as unlikely as that is. I've got a few other cats in mind anyway, and I'm sure more ossum cats are sure to arrive, as well.
Snappy + Whisk > All :DDDD

widdletigger

Re: Mah intro

Post by widdletigger » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi Tim! Nice to meet you, I look forward to getting to know you more. Welcome to the FFRC Nation :)
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Gossamer

Post by Gossamer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Tim
Welcome and thank you for all the help posts you've been doing and suggestions as we get rolling here!
So glad you stumbled on the cam.
Whisk and Snappy are just too cute and I can see why you'd want them.
:tgrin:
Linda (I'm also FFRCAdmin) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.

cgrcry

Post by cgrcry » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:00 am

hi tim, glad you are unlurking. i usually chat, but i've been known to lurk when i am tired. :tgrin:
on a clear day

tabbylin

Post by tabbylin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:42 am

Hi Tim and welcome. Gotta love those monitors! Whenever you are fortunate enough to have your own cats, be prepared for some fun! My Vana will go behind the monitor, wants to be on the keyboard or on my lap. ;)