Presently Petless!

A great way to work on your first 3 posts that are moderated! Stop in and say hello!

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

NatureLuver

Presently Petless!

Post by NatureLuver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello FFRC Nation!

I am Liz G., NatureLuver, from Houston, TX. I found FFRC on Ustream while checking out my favorite Barn Owl cams. I am a semi-retired nurse, still working part-time in a Cardiac Cath Lab in the Texas Medical Center. This leaves me with time to travel the world and follow my love of birding. A matter of fact I was birding during the Spring migration of May 2013 in the Toledo, Ohio area during "The Biggest Week of Birding" when I realized how close (within 50 miles) I would be to Defiance, OH!! :cat8: :D

I feel like one of the lucky ones (cam lurkers) to have been able to make a visit to FFRC and meet Jacci, volunteers and her lovely guests :cat1: and family :cat9: I arrived around 8:00 p.m. on a Monday night and proceeded to spend the next 2-1/2 hours getting to know some of the kitties <3 what a treat that was!

The FFRC web cam site :thumbup: has filled a void in my life :thankyou: since I made the difficult decision to be without pets while I transition into a single, mobile life. I just recently sold my home of 29 years, moved into an apartment and decided to start on that "bucket list" of travel sites and birding adventures. I know I will be a happy pet owner again one day but until then FFRC <3 is filling that need. I figure what ever I would be spending $$ on my own cats I now send to Jacci as well as visiting and supporting my local rescue centers.

All of you out there in FFRC Nation are special people and I :thankyou: for all that you do <3

widdletigger

Re: Presently Petless!

Post by widdletigger » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Welcome to the FFRC Nation page I look forward to getting to know you more! :D
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

NatureLuver

Post by NatureLuver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:33 pm

:thankyou: Widdletigger, me too, along with figuring out how to maneuver around this site. Love your Avatar :thumbup:

FFRCAdmin
Site Admin

Post by FFRCAdmin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:19 pm

I find it interesting that many of us kitty lovers are also bird lovers. Many of us started watching after the Decorah Eagles fledged a few years ago.
Linda (I'm also Gossamer) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.

NatureLuver

Post by NatureLuver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Oh, I loved that site too. I know, I recognize several chat names from other sites. Ustream has really opened up another world for me since I do not really follow Facebook. So glad to find FFRC!

widdletigger

Post by widdletigger » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:32 pm

NatureLuver wrote::thankyou: Widdletigger, me too, along with figuring out how to maneuver around this site. Love your Avatar :thumbup:

:thankyou2: I love owls! my first ustream cam was the molly the owl cam :) It began my owl obsession that continues today. I also have a small coffee addiction so it made this avatar purrrrfict for me ;)
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Kerswill

Post by Kerswill » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi Nauterluver

I found FFRC while I was watching the wood ducks on woodiecam1. I've been lucky enough to visit the center several times and just love seeing all the kitties.
Friends Walk Together In Life's Garden

Lostgirl

Post by Lostgirl » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Ok, just taking this out for a test drive. Let's see what happens....[/color]

Lostgirl

Post by Lostgirl » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:10 pm

ok, where did it go?

Lostgirl

Post by Lostgirl » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Aha! Just noticed the review period before posting.