Hello From Ginagina

A great way to work on your first 3 posts that are moderated! Stop in and say hello!

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

ginagina

Hello From Ginagina

Post by ginagina » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:56 am

Hello Everyone!

My husband and I have just recently found the FFRC website, and instantly fell in love with it. We pull up the site every morning while we are having breakfast to see the antics of all the kitties at the Center. My favorite of them all is Derecho (with Merri as a close second and Faraday a close third), but they all are special and provide many hours of enjoyment and laughter for both of us.

We live in Sarasota, FL and currently have two cats - Lonnie & Lucy. We lost our baby Cordelia on October 23, 2013 to stomach cancer. That completely devastated me. She was diagnosed with the cancer on August 26th, and had surgery to remove it on August 27. Our wonderful vet was not sure how she would do after the surgery, as he had to remove more than half of her stomach in order to get the mass. I slept on the floor with her for the first 3 nights after her surgery, and hand fed her every 2 hours up until the day she went to the Rainbow Bridge. Unfortunately, she started exhibiting the symptoms again, and when we brought her into the vet, the mass had returned even worse than before. As hard as it was for me, I knew how much pain she was in and had to let her go. That was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make. She was our princess, and we miss her so much.

On a brighter note, we still have our other two babies -- Lonnie & Lucy. We adopted each of our girls because of their medical issues, as we thought that they would be harder to place than completely healthy cats. We believe that every cat deserves a good home with loving, no matter what their issues are! Both of our girls are very spoiled, and our house is more of a cat house than a human one (and we like it that way)! Although they are indoor cats, we have a cat door that leads out to our screened lanai where they can lounge on the furniture in the sun or under the canopy, or can climb up the numerous platforms my husband built into the lanai cage to watch the goings-on in the neighborhood from up high. We were not able to have children, so our girls are our 4-legged children and are spoiled rotten!

My husband and I are retired, and take care of my 92 year old mother. We love living in Sarasota, but miss the change of seasons and (believe it or not) the colder weather of winter. We joke that there are only 2 seasons in Florida -- hot summer and warm summer! My mother became a cat lover when we adopted our first kitten 30+ years ago, and she thoroughly loves watching the webcam as well. She especially loves when the cats get in their crazy moods and go tearing through the center. That always brings a smile to all of our faces.

I am so happy to be a part of FFRC Nation, and look forward to getting to know each and everyone on here. Sorry for such a long introduction, but I am just excited about meeting all of you and got a little long-winded.

Gina

widdletigger

Re: Hello From Ginagina

Post by widdletigger » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Gina and welcome!

So sorry for the loss of your Cordelia this fall :( Sounds like your a family of true cat lovers, you have found the right place. :)
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

gerricross

Post by gerricross » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Welcome Ginagina glad you both could join us...

lannml

Post by lannml » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:48 am

Gina,

Welcome to FFRC Nation! Everyone of our members enjoy the antics of the kittens and cats of FFRC, so you, your hubby, and your Mom are in great company.

So sorry that you lost Cordelia in October. It is hard to have our furbabies ill and then to have them pass.

I live in Iowa and when the weather brings these arctic cold fronts with below zero temperatures and even lower wind chills that I wish I lived in Florida.

Enjoy the FFRC cam and the forum.

Oilsandsgirl

Post by Oilsandsgirl » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Welcome Ginagina. Happy to have you join us all. :) I love sitting with a cup of coffee first thing and reading the blog or any other news first thing in the morning. <3

Nuwton41

Post by Nuwton41 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Hello Ginagina from Sarasota glad for you joining in on the cat and kitty adventure with you and your family through this forum. So sorry for your loss, but God bless you as you continue to find comfort through FFRC Nation and the Webcam.
P.S. Don't worry about being long winded in writing I do that myself. I perfer to write over talking any day. :)

svcathy

Post by svcathy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:56 am

Welcome Ginagina!! Glad to have you with us <3

ginagina

Post by ginagina » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcomes! This is a wonderful place, and I have enjoyed meeting everyone that loves FFRC! May you all have a very happy and healthy 2014! Gina (and sometimes hubby Jim is with me as well)