Announcement! From Gossamer! Summer 2015 Updates!!!

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

FFRCAdmin
Site Admin

Announcement! From Gossamer! Summer 2015 Updates!!!

Post by FFRCAdmin » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:15 pm

I will be making some site changes this summer. Hopefully these changes will help the FFRC Nation site continue to grow and save me some money since I pay for this site and all of the software to keep it running. (Please note, this is not a plea for any funds, I'm quite happy to keep the site up and running, I just want to streamline some of the work and software.)

Plans:
1. Move to a different forum. Currently the forum we are using is very difficult to update and is becoming a security risk. I am hoping to move to a different forum that will still have all of the same functionality plus be better suited for mobile devices.
2. Migrate away from a component that requires a yearly fee. This is the Activity Stream part of the site. I am looking into alternatives that will be more fun and easier to manage.
3. Better integration with FFRC's main Facebook page. (NOT CHATTERS because that is a closed group).

Any other ideas? post a suggestion!
Linda (Gossamer)
Linda (I'm also Gossamer) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.

purple_cat

Re: Announcement! From Gossamer! Summer 2015 Updates!!!

Post by purple_cat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:41 pm

sounds great, Linda!
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always. Don't forget to visit our main web site: http://www.fofrescue.org/