For webcam administrators-- virus on webcam site?

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

Tivia

For webcam administrators-- virus on webcam site?

Post by Tivia » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:14 am

Hi-- I almost never post (I'm not on FB, and am a lurker on the webcam). Today, when going to the ustream site, I keep on getting a message from my Norton antivirus software that a Trojan virus is trying to infect my computer. Is anyone else getting this message? I don't want anyone else to have a problem (and besides, it's interfering with my watching of the kittehs!)

Thanks for any help or insight you can give! Tivia/Marie

lannml

Re: For webcam administrators-- virus on webcam site?

Post by lannml » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Tivia,

Thanks for posting this question. I have sent a note to several of our FFRC admins for their input as their computer expertise is greater than mine.

I prefer to use the kitty cam link from FFRC to view the cam -- it's located at http://www.fofrescue.org/kittycam3.html. You may want to try using this site and see if you get a virus warning again.

Hopefully there will be an answer or remedy for you.

lannml - FFRC nation moderator

Maiden Heaven

Post by Maiden Heaven » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Hello Tivia, thank you for the heads up. I just loaded FFRC ustream without any warnings, now this could mean that Norton picked it up where my anti-virus did not, or it could mean it was a false positive. I would suggest simply going to Ustream support & let them know exactly what the warning says, the browser & version you are using, your operating system (Windows version) & the version of Norton that you are using. They need this info to try to recreate the warning you received & to see if it was a false positive. https://ustream.zendesk.com/home I will add that it would be best for you to run a full system scan on your computer.
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around..~It's My Secret~
"Until mankind can extend the circle of his compassion to include all living things, he will never, himself, know peace." - by Albert Schweitzer

Tivia

Post by Tivia » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:16 am

Thanks for all your help. The problem has seemed to resolve itself. Sometimes Norton does seem to give false positives, but I will do a scan on my system just in case.