Derecho

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

purple_cat

Derecho

Post by purple_cat » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Rita Murphy:

I see you are sleeping. Sleep well my precious. When you awake I have a question. Do you know you are loved?

It’s a simple question really, But maybe not as simple as you think. Oh, sure the people you see everyday, those who care for you, feed you, scratch your chin, pet your head, rub your back, clean up after you give you treats, give you everything you will ever need: they do what they do out of love. They make sure you know you are loved. So the answer is clear. They make sure you know, that yes, you are loved.

But do you know the rest of the story? Do you know there are hundreds, thousands of people who you’ve never met who smile when the forecaster says “a derecho storm is coming from the north’. They smile not because a powerful storm is coming but they smile because they know that one day a powerful storm brought you home to us all.

Do you know with each step you take people across the world smile because they know each step is a reminder that we all deserve to take a step on our terms, in our way, surrounded by love.

Do you know you put a smile on the face of some people who rarely smile but when you are on the cam, their smiles light up a room, so bright and sincere.

Do you know that through the years, some have commented taking a step is painful, then they think of you and it gives them strength to take another step.

Do you know you take the pain away, if even for s moment, to some who focus on you and your determination, your resilience, your forward path.

Do you know you are inspiration to so many? Do you know you are so very important to so many people, near and far, far and near?

Do you know some have traveled far just to be near you?

Do you know some wake up in the morning and turn on their computer just to see you before doing anything else?

Do you know some say their nighttime prayer thanking God for all that he has given, including you?

Do you know just how loved you are to so many?

Do you know that heaven has a new soul today, one that loved you on earth and will love you forever?

Sleep now, precious little boy, when you wake, I know you’ll know the answer is so very simple, and so very far reaching...You are loved, so very loved, here and everywhere.
derecho.jpg
derecho.jpg (7.43 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always. Don't forget to visit our main web site: http://www.fofrescue.org/