2014 FFRC Champion Wrestler

Moderators: Gossamer, purple_cat

stanAdelaide

Post by stanAdelaide » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:15 pm

FFRC Champion Wrestler for 2014
For a bit of fun, I plan to create a poll on the Chatters Facefook page to find out who is the 2014 Champion Wrestler at FFRC. I am announcing this first here to give FFRCnation members who are not FB users (or are on FB but not on Chatters) a head start.

Please add your choice of champion here (members of Chatters FB please add your vote there). If your forum userID is the same as your Ustream chat ID then you can just add your cat name, otherwise it would be good to add your Ustream chat name as well.

The only rule is one vote per person. However, I will add your vote on the Chatters poll (with your ID and choice) and report back here with the progress score (maybe once per day).

I suppose voting can continue until just before midnight on 31st December (cat time). Voting is now open - over to you. May the best wrestler win :)

For the record: I am voting for Freemont - but don't let that influence your vote :)
Stan

stanAdelaide

Re: 2014 FFRC Champion Wrestler

Post by stanAdelaide » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:04 am

Anyone interested in nominating a wrestler before I start my poll on the Chatters Facebook page tomorrow?

Stan

Dak70

Post by Dak70 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:03 am

I just had a spirited conversation with Stan on the merits of the one and only - undisputed champion of the world - current leader in all Ohio weight classes . . .

Derechitooooooooooooooooooo

aka Derecho. This seasoned veteran from parts unknown - well a wood pile - but that sounds too wimpy... has been laying the smack down for years now. Many have tried to dethrone the king but through sheer will and determination he always prevails in the end. Famous for his unorthodox style of squashing opponents and his trademark "I'm not touching you ~ Does this bug you?" paw slaps - Derecho has left nothing but a trail of disheartened kitteh wrestler wannabes in his wake. Observe him in action. . .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fofrescue/7768856762/

And here he is during his famous pay per view special when he went 10 rounds with a hambone...

https://flic.kr/p/dEyE7b

stanAdelaide

Post by stanAdelaide » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:50 am

Thanks Dak. Very funny, good description of Derecho's wrestling ability & good video of early match.

Voting started of Chatters FB at 1am today (cat time). Over 5 hours later the current standing is:
Freemont=23
Vernon=9
Derecho=4

Stan

stanAdelaide

Post by stanAdelaide » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:05 am

After 24 hours of voting, the top three are: Freemont (57), Vernon (17) & Derecho (14). Total votes so far=97.

Stan

stanAdelaide

Post by stanAdelaide » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Voting has slowed down on the Chatters FB group. Freemont is the clear winner - may as well close voting at midnight today (cat time).

The top three are: Freemont (59), Vernon (19) & Derecho (16). Total votes so far=104.

Stan

stanAdelaide

Post by stanAdelaide » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:00 am

I hereby declare the 2014 FFRC Champion Wrestler to be Freemont
with Derecho & Vernon equal second.

107 votes: Freemont (61), Vernon (19), Derecho (17), Lorenzo (3), Jarvis, Nobbin & Walter (2 each) and Cayden (1).
Champ123-trophy-keep.jpg
Thanks everyone for voting. :thankyou:

Stan

FaithyMD

Post by FaithyMD » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Dak - I just watched your video - and LOVED it. Even though our Derecho didn't win the competition - he has always won my heart - since the very first time i saw him. As a matter of fact - he is the reason I watched FFRC long enough to meet Jacci, and all the other wonderful people at FFRC. It was just after christmas a couple years ago, so I always think fondly of it all this time of year. Thanks for the vid - it was a bit before my time and I just love it
Faith is Seeing Light with your Heart when All your Eyes can See is Darkness
I have 3 furkids - Sarah, tabby, called mousk; Sly, tailless tuxie, called porkchop; and Kermit the Kat, a tuxie, called Pig