How is the suprise going to work?

widdletigger

How is the suprise going to work?

Post by widdletigger » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:32 pm

So I get that we are sending boxes to a central person (how nice of Angie to be our local santa!) but are the boxes going to be delivered unopened and as they arrive? I can't really find the right post that tells me what happens to my box after i send it.

Thanks!
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Gossamer

Re: How is the suprise going to work?

Post by Gossamer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:07 pm

The holiday surprise boxes will be delivered to FFRC on Dec 28 for a huge opening around 3pm.

The idea is that Jacci won't see them arriving so she will have no idea until that day what all we have sent. I'm hoping we continue to have some normal boxes going to FFRC and that the Holiday ones are extras!

Last time we did this.....it took several hours to open everything.

It also keeps us all on track to get items the center really needs. Jacci has stated she would rather have center gifts instead of personal ones.
Linda (I'm also FFRCAdmin) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.

widdletigger

Post by widdletigger » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Yes I am all for the center gifts, I was just not sure if they would not be opened until Jacci got to them or what. I too hope that regular boxes continue to come in. That was another reason I asked because I was debating what I was going to do about my monthly amazon order. I will probably send my normal donation during the month and send a holiday box in for the surprise that includes our family Christmas card.

:thankyou:
Elisabeth ~ Mama to a boy (8) and two girls (6), (3) and one :cat3: Nala

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

FaithyMD

Post by FaithyMD » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Will it be ok to include some small token of affection for Jacci herself? I found a really cute, inexpensive Key to Peace ring I would like to include in mine - I also have a couple rocks out of my collection (I'm a rock hound too) that I had decided to send her for christmas. Would that be ok as long as I also include things from your lists?
Faith is Seeing Light with your Heart when All your Eyes can See is Darkness
I have 3 furkids - Sarah, tabby, called mousk; Sly, tailless tuxie, called porkchop; and Kermit the Kat, a tuxie, called Pig

FFRCAdmin
Site Admin

Post by FFRCAdmin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Faithy
That's fine. ;) :thumbup:
Linda (I'm also Gossamer) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.
I have two accounts for testing purposes....so if you see either FFRCAdmin or Gossamer that's me.

FFRCAdmin
Site Admin

Post by FFRCAdmin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:22 pm

And I'd like to say, if you can't send something that's okay too! Support goes a long way and we appreciate each and every person who is part of FFRC!
Linda (I'm also Gossamer) ~ Furkids Samantha and Tabitha 10 yr old Orangie Sisters.

BoroKitty

Post by BoroKitty » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Just wondering if Jacci can see our posts. How do we avoid spoiling her surprise? (I hope this question hasn't already been asked--I haven't read all the posts yet) :question: :cat2:

Maiden Heaven

Post by Maiden Heaven » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Jacci will not be reading these posts so the surprise will Not be ruined. To be clear because all FFRC fundraisers Must have her approval as this does, she does not know what will be sent. And by having them arrive at Angie & Bill's she will not even see them arrive. They will arrive sealed at FFRC for Jacci to open. :)

Packages must arrive by December 27th!

This link fills in details & has the mailing address. http://www.ffrcnation.com/2013-holiday-surprise.html
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around..~It's My Secret~
"Until mankind can extend the circle of his compassion to include all living things, he will never, himself, know peace." - by Albert Schweitzer

FaithyMD

Post by FaithyMD » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:41 pm

ok, have to ask - How many rooms do Bill & Angie have set aside? lol - I bet they will be thrilled come the day they pass them along - LOL
Faith is Seeing Light with your Heart when All your Eyes can See is Darkness
I have 3 furkids - Sarah, tabby, called mousk; Sly, tailless tuxie, called porkchop; and Kermit the Kat, a tuxie, called Pig

felinetoyz

Post by felinetoyz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:03 am

jacci can't be trusted with boxes, she will shake them, sniff them and then finally won't be able to help herself, she will open them...so going to angies and bills is wonderful. Angie told me they have a huge basement they are going to put the boxes in...woohooooooooooooooooo going to be an exciting christmas at the center...bella told me that she would like a walmart gift card so she can go get some deli turkey <3 <3